I’ve never posted a recipe before. I don’t even know if this is original. If not, please speak up so I can give proper credit! All I know is, I was hungry and needed a warm, healthy, uber-simple bedtime snack! This smoothie is vegan.
* 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 tablespoon almond butter
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
* 1 ripe banana
* Warm water as needed to blend
This is super easy if you have a single-serve blender or smoothie maker. But you can also make it in a mug!
1. Cook oatmeal: Put oats and 1/2 cup water in a microwave safe blender cup or mug. Microwave for 10-20 seconds. It should be a little watery.
2. Add flavorings: Add almond butter, cinnamon, chia seeds if using, and/or other warming spices of your choice. Amounts are approximate; let your taste buds guide you.
3. Add banana: Peel 1 ripe banana, slice in half or as needed to fit in blender cup. If you’re not blending, mash the banana first, then add to mug and mix well with a fork.
4. Add water: Add warm water as needed to blend ingredients well. Even if you’re not using a blender, you might want to add water until you like the texture. Blend or mix until the oatmeal is smooth and drinkable.
That’s it! No spoon, no mess!
Hot: Add a dash of cayenne pepper (I haven’t tried this!)
Chocolate: Add cocoa powder, but be careful! Unsweetened cocoa powder can be really overpowering!
Apple: Add diced apple either before or after blending, or use applesauce.
There are others… But whereas before I was hungry, now I’m tired! So I leave it to you to create your own cup of deliciousness!