Also available as a Youtube video.
How do pumpkins teach spiritual principles?
Based on Unity’s 5 basic principles, this talk offers a fun possibility that pumpkins do indeed teach spirituality, if we’re willing to learn from them.
Unity’s 5 Basic Principles
1. God is absolute good and everywhere present.
2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We are co-creators with God, creating reality through our thoughts.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, we connect with God and bring out the good in our lives.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
Principles of Pumpkinhood
1. Pumpkins are absolute good and fully present, even in their seeds.
2. Pumpkins are complete beings, created in goodness. The spirit of good lives within each pumpkin; therefore, all pumpkins are inherently good.
3. Pumpkins are co-creators with nature, creating experience through their presence.
4. Through flowing with God’s good, pumpkins connect with God and experience good in their lives.
5. Knowledge of these pumpkinhood principles is not enough. We must show them to the whole patch.