If you have questions, thoughts of any kind – whether you agree or disagree, comments or feedback, please feel free to share! Traditional religions deal with this subject of charity in different, sometimes opposing ways, and New Thought metaphysics is still different from that. This may not be what you’re used to hearing, but is worth considering.
An excerpt from Prosperity
by Charles Fillmore
Chapter 10 Right Giving, The Key to Abundant Receiving
Do not give with any idea that you are bestowing charity. The idea of charity has infested the race consciousness for thousands of years and is responsible for the great army of human dependents. Do all you can to annul this mental error. There is no such thing as charity as popularly understood. Everything belongs to God and all His children are equally entitled to it. The fact that one has a surplus and gives some of it to another does not make the one a benefactor and the other a dependent. The one with the surplus is simply a steward of God and is merely discharging the work of his stewardship. When one asks for divine wisdom and understanding about giving it becomes a joy both to the giver and the recipient.
I give because giving is a natural process. I share what God has entrusted to me. I do not share out of feelings of charity, obligation or lack, but to fulfill the law of love. I know that as I give, I also receive. Whether in-kind or something different, God’s giving, through me, never returns void. It is always expanding, always flowing, always freeing. For each blessing I give and receive, I am thankful. Amen!
The meditation is internationally known. World Healing Meditation by John Randolph Price has been read on 12/31 throughout the world since 1986 – when I was 2 years old. 🙂 I read it for the first time on 12/31/12 and have chosen to read it each morning for 21 days total. I’m not sure if anyone else does this, and for me it’s a reminder of how I want to start, and continue, 2013 and every year.
My wishes for every creation – that means you! – are for peace of mind, love in heart, joy in spirit, health in body and inner happiness manifest in the physical world!
Based on Unity’s 5 basic principles, this talk offers a fun possibility that pumpkins do indeed teach spirituality, if we’re willing to learn from them.
Unity’s 5 Basic Principles
1. God is absolute good and everywhere present.
2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We are co-creators with God, creating reality through our thoughts.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, we connect with God and bring out the good in our lives.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
Principles of Pumpkinhood
1. Pumpkins are absolute good and fully present, even in their seeds.
2. Pumpkins are complete beings, created in goodness. The spirit of good lives within each pumpkin; therefore, all pumpkins are inherently good.
3. Pumpkins are co-creators with nature, creating experience through their presence.
4. Through flowing with God’s good, pumpkins connect with God and experience good in their lives.
5. Knowledge of these pumpkinhood principles is not enough. We must show them to the whole patch.